About Lions Camp Fjalir 2020
LIONS CAMP FJALIR 2020 IN NORWAY IS CANCELLED BECAUSE OF THE CORONA VIRUS.
Find out what the camp is all about and how to apply.
We look forward to arranging a new camp in 2020 for disabled youngsters!
The camp is located in the western part of Norway, surrounded by the beautiful scenery of fjords and mountains. The base is in UWC Red Cross Nordic,
N-6968 Flekke. The campus is wheelchair accessible.
To learn is to discover. To create understanding, tolerance and peace.
- Camp period: 12 days
- Participants must arrive at Bergen Airport (BGO) on July 1 before 4:00 PM. Transportation from and to the airport will be arranged by the camp.
- Departure will be on July 12 from Bergen Airport Flesland (BGO) after 2:00 pm.
- We will meet you at the airport and take you by bus to the camp (approx. 4 hours drive).
- We are not able to host the participants in Bergen, so any extra days will be at their expense.
- No host family
The camp program has many outdoor activities, with a special focus on maritime practice. We also challenge the participants to do abseiling, archery etc. They will be introduced to our culture and daily life, and we offer a visit to a popular folk festival.
Climate and clothing
In the summertime, the temperature in Norway varies from 12 to 25°C, and participants must be prepared for rainy days. Bring warm and waterproof clothing, ordinary summer clothes and good footwear. The activities will to a great extent take place outdoors.
Lions of Norway pay all the expenses regarding the stay at the camp in Norway. We are not responsible for the travel costs to and from the location. No camp fee.
Who can participate?
- Physically disabled only (not mentally), between 18-25 years. Both sexes.
- Youth who are willing to take part and enjoy physical activity.
- Participants must be able to communicate in English.
The responsibility for the application
Lions Club or other organizations must make sure the application form, including all requested information, are correct and sent before the deadline.
All information in English must be read and understood by the participant.
A health declaration from your doctor, in English, will be appreciated, enclosed with the application. The information provided will be confidential.
The participants must be able to take part in our activities. If you need assistance getting dressed, during meals, using the restroom etc, you MUST bring an assistant of the same sex.
Download Application form for Lions Camp Fjalir 2020 (coming soon)
The application deadline is April 15 2020
Applications must be mailed to Camp Director, Svein Eirik Tande, email@example.com
- Download flyer: Lions Camp Fjalir 2020
- See more of the location at www.uwcrcn.no
- Read an article about Camp Fjalir 2017 in the LION Magazine: Lions Camp Fjalir: To learn is to discover
Svein Eirik Tande
Phone: +47 907 09 607